4 Tablespoons olive oil
4 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 large sweet onion diced
3 stalks celery diced small
1 cup carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup already cooked chicken breast, shredded (you can use leftovers)
3 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups fresh spinach
1 17.5 oz package gnocchi (it doesn’t matter if it’s not exactly 17.5 oz..a little more or less won’t hurt a thing)
1. Dice up the onion, carrots, celery and garlic. This is the base
for most soups. Sometimes I can’t believe I didn’t use to like celery.
2. Heat olive oil and melt butter in a large pot.
3. Saute carrots, onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil/butter.
4. Here’s the gnocchi I used. Go ahead and get a pot of salted water heating up. Don’t forget the lid, it’ll quicken the boiling time. Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
5. Whisk flour into veggie mixture. This will create a roux (a thickening agent).