WHAT DO I LOVE ABOUT GARY’S QUICKSTEAK?
- Cooks from frozen in just minutes.
- There is only one ingredient; sirloin beef.
- Steak contains 23 grams of protein per serving.
- Steak is low in carbohydrates.
- Contains all of the seasoning you need in the “WOW Seasoning Packet” in each package.
- The packaging! Packages are slim and perfect for stacking in your freezer. You can see the product, right in the packaging. No question what you’re buying.
- Versatility. Options for using the steak are endless! Think outside the sandwich!
This one pot Philly Cheese Steak Soup is a family favorite. The classic cheese steak sandwich served up as a rich and creamy soup in a bread bowl.PREP TIME5 minutesCOOK TIME28 minutesTOTAL TIME33 minutes
- 2 packages Gary’s QuickSteak + WOW seasoning packets
- 3 medium sized green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, chopped
- 4 Tablespoon salted butter
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup corn starch dissolved in 1/3 cup water
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Bread bowls for serving, optional
- Additional shredded Provolone for serving.
In your Dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 4 minutes. Add in frozen quick steaks + WOW seasoning packets. Continue cooking for another 4 minutes. Add in Stock, bouillon cubes and Bay leaves. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Pepper to taste. Stir in corn starch and water mixture. Soup will begin to thicken. Stir in cheese, until incorporated. Add in cream.Serve hot in bread bowls with additional cheese for topping. Or in a regular bowl with or without crusty bread for dipping.