BASIC SPONGE CAKE :
- 125g bakin margarine
- 250ml white sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 500ml cake flour
- 150ml milk
- 15ml bakin powder
- 1/2 t salt
1. Preheat oven to 180. Grease nd linr0e 2 × 20cm bakin tins
2. Cream margarine nd sugar together until light nd creamy. Add vanilla essence
3. Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition
4. Sift flour, bakin powder together
5. Fold into the creamed mixture, alternately wth da milk.
6. Spoon mixture into da prepzred cake tins nd bake fr 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown or scewer inserted cums out clean.
7. Leave in pans fr few mintes b4 turning out to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Hope Mabasa