Garlic butter sauce for seafood :
- 5 clusters Snow crab legs, washed thoroughly
- 1 pound Shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, cut into thick slices
- 6 Corn on the cob
- 6 Baby red potatoes
- SEASONINGS TO BOIL SEAFOOD
- 5 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 whole Lemon, juiced
- 3 Bay leaves
- SEAFOOD BOIL SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons Garlic, diced
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 4 sticks Butter
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 cups Chicken broth, optional (see notes below)
- 1-2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- SEASONING FOR SAUCE (ADJ. LEVEL OF SPICINESS TO YOUR LIKING)
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Lemon pepper seasoning, (optional depending on fresh lemon juice)
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
Fill up a large stockpot with water, leaving enough room at the top to add the seafood. Add old bay seasoning, lemon, and bay leaves. Bring to a light boil.
Add the crab legs, sausage ,and corn. Cover with a lid and boil for 15 minutes.
Add the shrimp. Boil for 5 minutes (shrimp will turn pink, do not overcook).
Drain the water and remove bay leaves. Transfer to serving dish or leave in the stock pot.
Pour that delicious garlic butter sauce all over,, and/or reserve some sauce on the side to dip the seafood in (recipe below).GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
Melt one stick of butter and olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until they become translucent.
Add Garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so garlic doesn’t burn. Add juice of the lemon, and all the seasonings. Adjust cayenne and red pepper to your level of spiciness.
Add remaining 3 sticks of butter. Simmer until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
If using chicken broth, gently stir it into the mixture now. Pour over your favorite seafood and/or reserve some for dipping.