Korean country ribs :
- 8 medium size country ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 of a small onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl mix together all ingredients then transfer to a heavy duty resealable bag and add meat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours up to overnight.
2. Remove meat from bag and pour remaining marinade into a sauce pan and cook on med heat until it reduces and thickens to a sticky sauce. Set aside
3. Meat can be cooked on grill or in oven.
I cooked these on a stove top grill, 5 minutes on each side to sear then in the oven for 35 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and add a coat of sauce then back into oven for 5 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times until ribs are sticky then sprinkle on sesame seeds.