LEMON CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE FROM SCRATCH :
- – Butter: 1 and 1/2 cups (room temperature)
- – Cream cheese: 8 ounce (room temperature)
- – Egg: 6 (large, room temperature)
- – White sugar: 3 cups (granulated)
- – All-purpose flour: 3 cups
- – Lemon extract: 1 tablespoon
1. To start with, you should coat a 10 cup tube pan or bundt pan with solid vegetable shortening and sugar or Wilton cake release.2. Immediately, set the temperature of the oven to 350°F.3. Beat together butter and cream cheese, in the bowl of an electric mixer, until smooth.4. You’ll want to add sugar and beat until fluffy (the mixture is lighten in color slightly).5. You can then add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.6. Afterards, add flour slowly to the mixture and combine.7. Next, add lemon extract and combine.8. Finally, you can pour batter into prepared pan.9. Alright now, bake until pick inserted in center comes out clean or with ‘dry’ crumbs, about 60 to 70 minutes. And please let cool on the countertop on a wire rack for about 15 minutes before inverting on a serving tray. Remember to cool completely on the counter before covering in an airtight container.10. Once done, store in air-tight container on the counter-top for 3 to 4 days.