Cinnamon Toast :
- 4 slices of bread I used white sliced bread
- 250 ml milk 1 cup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon powder for sprinkling
- 1 piece of lemon or orange peel I grate it because I like to see the tiny dots
- a knob of butter 25 gr
- honey or more sugar to taste
- Put the milk with the cinnamon stick, the sugar, and the lemon or orange peel in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. As soon as it boils, please remove it from the heat and cover it while cooling down. I put icy water in the sink and let it cool a little so that the toast does not break when soaked. You can make this the night before and store it in the fridge, ready to use for breakfast.
- Beat the two eggs and mix with the milk already tempered (this is another difference with the torrejas that the egg is not mixed with the milk). Arrange the slices of bread in a bowl and sprinkle them with all the milk.
- Heat a frying pan with butter. With a reasonable temperature (not too high), brown the bread slices with the milk they have absorbed. Make them in pairs and let them brown nicely on each side.
- Remove them to a plate and put a little honey on top or sprinkle sugar if you like it better. Finally, sprinkle with cinnamon powder.