Chocolate Turtle Cake :
- ° 3 cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- ° 1 pack (2-tier format) devil cake mix
- ° 1 pack (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- ° 38 KRAFT caramels
- ° 4-1 / 2 c. teaspoon of water
- ° 3/4 philadelphia cream Cheese, softened
- ° 5 oz Sweet Chocolate, divided
- ° 16 vanilla wafers
- ° 16 pecan halves
- Place half of Cool Whip in bowl; let thaw in the refrigerator. Return remaining Cool Whip to the freezer.
- Prepare cake batter and bake according to directions to make 2 9 ” round cakes, adding pudding mix to cake mix in bowl before mixing with liquid ingredients. Let the cakes cool for 10 min; spill on racks. Unmold. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat caramels and water in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1 / 2 min. Or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 45 seconds. . Let cool slightly.
- Mix cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add the caramel sauce; mix well. Stir in thawed Cool Whip. Stack cake layers on a plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers and on top of cake. Refrigerate while preparing chocolate frosting and toppings.
- Lineage a baking paper with parchment paper. Melt 2 oz of the chocolate according to the directions. Dip half of each wafer in chocolate; put on prepared baking paper . decorate with pecans. Refrigerate until use.
- Heat frozen Cool Whip and remaining chocolate in microwaveable bowl 3 min. Or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after every minute. Let cool for 10 min.
- Spread Cool Whip Topping Mix on top of cake. Garnish with wafers. Keep refrigerated.