Beef Liver and Onions :
- ¼ cup of flour.
- 1 lb of beef liver.
- ¼-½ cup of butter.
- ½ tsp of salt.
- ⅛ tsp of pepper.
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh minced sage.
- 2 cups of thinly sliced onions.
- ½ cup of beef stock.
- 1 tbsp of minced Italian parsley.
- ¼ cup of dry white wine.
- In a bag, mix together the flour, salt and pepper then put the liver (sliced into ½ inch strips) in the bag and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, melt 2 to 3 tbsps of butter with a dash of oil and sauté the onions on medium heat.
- Place the onions in a dish and season with sage, salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, melt 3-4 tbsps of butter and a dash of oil over high heat and stir in the liver. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the onions to the liver, heat through and place in a serving plate.
- Glaze the pan with stock and wine and keep on the heat until you get a thick sauce.
- Pour the glaze over the liver and onions and sprinkle with parsley.