Cheddar Batter Bread :
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Egg Wash :
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Add in buttermilk and water and heat until it is just warm to the touch.
- Transfer the liquids into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add in the yeast. Whisk in the 3 eggs and hot sauce.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt on a low setting to combine.
- Add in the 4 cups of flour and knead on a medium setting until well combined. Stir in the parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Divide the dough in two and place each half into a greased bread pan.
- Let rise 45 minutes. After the dough rises, whisk together 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Brush over the tops of each loaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes.