Mediterranean Chickpea Salad :
- 30 ounces canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint red grape or cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, olives, feta, basil, and mint.
- For the dressing, pour honey into a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave 10-15 seconds to liquify honey. Whisk in olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over chickpea salad. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.