Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup :
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Place chicken breasts into the bottom of a 6 to 8 quart slow cooker. Top with onion, carrots, celery, ginger, and garlic. Pour in chicken broth and stir in thyme and oregano.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Shred chicken with a fork.
- Stir in egg noodles and replace the lid. Cook on high for 12 to 15 minutes until egg noodles are soft and cooked through. Taste and add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.