Authentic Philly Cheesesteak :
- 2 beef ribeye steaks or top round
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls (Amoroso Rolls for authenticity)
- 1 medium yellow onion , thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 slices Provolone cheese (choose 1)
- 4 slices American cheese (choose 1)
- 1/2 cup Cheese Whiz (choose 1)
- Slice steak as thin as possible. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in sliced onion and saute until soft, 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside. If not using onion, proceed immediately to the next step.
- Add slices of steak into the pan in one layer to sear, 1-2 minutes, then flip and sear the other side.
- Use a spatula to chop up steak. Add in cooked onions (if using) and any other desired additions.
- Reduce heat to low and top chopped steak with choice of cheese. Let melt then transfer to hoagie roll. Serve immediately.