Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows :
- 4 large sweet potatoes (1 1/2 to 2 pounds) , peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan or 3 quart casserole dish.
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil. Add cubed sweet potatoes. Return to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer sweet potatoes until tender (15-20 minutes). Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Add in cooked sweet potatoes and use a hand mixer to mix until smooth.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and smooth it out into an even layer. Top with miniature marshmallows.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until marshmallows are toasted and golden brown.