Nutella Stuffed Churro Cookies :
- 1 cup nutella
- 1 cup salted butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese , softened
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup optional
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Drop 24 heaping teaspoon size mounds of nutella onto the prepared pan. Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy using the whisk attachment. Mix in the vanilla and egg, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl so that everything gets mixed in.
- Switch your mixer attachment to a paddle or dough hook. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until everything is mixed in. Add in corn syrup, if using, to keep the cookies chewy and soft. Mix until completely combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for rolling.
- Take two tablespoons of dough and use your hands to flatten. Place a frozen piece of nutella into the middle and wrap the dough around the nutella to form a ball. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place on the prepared cookie sheets, twelve cookies per pan. This recipe makes 24 cookies.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled store in an airtight container.