Mississippi Pot Roast (Slow Cooker, Stovetop, or Instant Pot) :
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3 to 5 pound beef roast chuck round, or brisket
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 whole pepperoncinis
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juices
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Get a large oven safe dutch oven pot heating over high heat.
- Add vegetable oil to pot and sear roast until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Once seared, remove from heat and pour in beef broth, pepperoncinis, pepperoncini juices, and sprinkle roast with ranch dressing mix and onion powder. Add butter on top of roast.
- Place a lid on the pan and transfer it to the preheated 350 degree oven. Cook 3 hours, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 202 degrees F and shreds easily with a fork.
NOTESSLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Searing in oil in a skillet is an optional step. Place the seared or un-seared meat directly into a slow cooker. Add in all remaining ingredients and cook on low 8 hours.INSTANT POT ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Follow this recipe as directed, but instead of searing and baking the roast in a large pot, you’ll do all of this in your pressure cooker. Sear the roast as directed in step 2 using the sear setting on your electric pressure cooker. Once seared, add in liquids, pepperoncini, seasonings, and butter. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes, followed by a 15-minute natural release. Then, switch the release valve to the venting position. Remove lid once steam has stopped coming out.