Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti :
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes drained
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles drained
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti in a saucepan according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in garlic and flour and continue to cook 2 more minutes. Slowly stir in milk and bring to a simmer until thickened. Once the sauce thickens, immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese until melted and smooth. Then stir in diced tomatoes, diced green chilis, diced cooked chicken, and drained spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour pasta into a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is warm and bubbly and starting to brown.