Homemade Naan Bread :
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- In a large bowl (or using a stand mixer), combine yeast and warm water. Add in sugar, yogurt, egg, and salt. Add in 2 cups of flour and begin to mix.
- Continue adding flour 1/4 cup at a time until you have a soft dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead about 5 minutes by hand, or for 2-3 minutes in a stand mixer. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Separate the dough into 8 balls. Cover loosely and let the dough balls rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll out each dough ball into tear-drop shapes or ovals. They should be quite thin.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Brush one side of the dough with melted butter. Place butter side down in the skillet. Butter the top side. When bubbles appear, flip the dough (should only take 1-2 minutes). Cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes.