Chicken Cacciatore :
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup cooking wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter on medium high heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and coat with flour. Brown chicken in the pan for 3 minutes per side, just until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms to pan and cook until softened, about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in tomato paste, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Pour in wine, heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Return chicken to pan and let simmer until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, about 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese, optional.