Easy 30 Minute Chicken Chow Mein :
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced ginger
Chicken Chow Mein
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large carrots cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 1/2 head green cabbage shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by whisking together oyster sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and cornstarch until well combined. Stir in chicken broth, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Cook chow mein noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken into skillet and season with salt. Cook until chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add in carrots and cabbage and cook until tender and the chicken is completely cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour sauce over veggies and let cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in cooked noodles and toss to combine. Garnish with sliced green onion.