Gooey Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread (From Scratch) :
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Add in 2 1/2 cups of flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed. Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range. Slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be slightly sticky and soft. Add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation and you should go by feel.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise 90 minutes, until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9-inch bundt pan.
- Pinch off tablespoon-sized pieces of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat and place into the prepared bundt pan, stacking them up in layers as you go until you’ve used up all of your dough.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in nuts. Pour caramel sauce over dough balls in bundt pan to coat.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then invert pan onto a large plate or serving platter. Serve warm, or let cool and serve when completely cooled.