Killer Crockpot Carnitas (Slow Cooker) :
- 1 3 to 5 pound pork butt or shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Trim roast and slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Put directly into crock pot (or baking pan).
- Combine spices and toss into crockpot.
- Add in the vegetable oil. Yes, it is a lot of oil, but fear not. If you skimp you won’t get the same results.
- Toss together using hands until evenly coated with spice and oil goodness.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours until the meat can easily be shredded with a fork.