Soft Pretzels :
- 1 1/4 cups water lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- melted butter and coarse salt
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar into the warm water.
- Add in the flour and mix until combined. No need to knead. Let the dough rise in a warm place until almost doubled which should only take about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Divide the dough into golf ball sized lumps. Roll each ball into a snake or rope. Twist them into pretzel shapes (or whatever shape you’d like!).
- In a small bowl or a liquid measuring cup, dissolve the baking soda in the hot water. Dip the pretzels into the solution and place on a well-greased cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Bake for about 6 minutes at 500 degrees until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and dip the face of the pretzel in melted butter. Add your chosen toppings.