Healthy Tikel Gomen (One Pot Potato and Cabbage Dish) :
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 1 medium white onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium head green cabbage sliced
- 5 medium red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a 6.5-quart covered stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the carrots and onion and saute them in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the seasonings (salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, ginger) and toast for 60 seconds.
- Add in the cabbage and potatoes. Stir to combine. Cover the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Actual cooking time will depend on how big you cut your potatoes.