Perfect Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust :
- 24 oreos
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with butter or shortening.
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter until the crumbs are all moistened and press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to whip in the cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Roughly chop the baking chocolate and place into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second increments on high until melted, stirring in between.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture while you mix until the chocolate is fully incorporated. Mix in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat on low until combined.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan. Give the pan a few taps on the countertop to make sure any air bubbles have been removed and the filling is settled.
- Crumple up 3 sheets of aluminum foil into flat discs and place on a baking sheet. Place the springform pan on top of these discs to elevate the cake so it doesn’t touch your baking sheet. Fill the baking sheet with a layer of ice, surrounding the springform pan, about 4 cups.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 1 hour. Do not open the door. At the end of the hour, turn off the oven, keeping the door closed. Let the cheesecake slowly cool in the oven for 5 to 6 hours to prevent cracking. Remove and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the springform pan ring before serving. Keep cold. Serve plain or topped with whipped cream or even drizzled with chocolate ganache or syrup.