Old Fashioned Orange Slice Oatmeal Cookies :
- 1 cup salted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orange slice candies diced
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Cut the orange slices into small pieces. Fold into cookie dough along with oats and coconut flakes.
- Roll into 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.