20 Minute Steak Fajitas :
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers sliced (multiple colors preferred)
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice about 2 limes
- 10 small flour tortillas for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, let heat for a minute, and then add in your sliced bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Saute until the vegetables are tender crisp (7-10 minutes).
- During the last two minutes of cooking add in half of your seasoning mix and the minced garlic. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and transfer to a serving dish, but keep the skillet hot.
- Return the skillet to high heat. Add the thinly sliced flank steak to the hot skillet and sprinkle in the remainder of the seasoning mixture, and worcestershire sauce. Cook the steak, tossing constantly, until the meat is browned about 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare. Flank steak is best eaten medium rare. For well done, add an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the meat is cooked, add the vegetables back in. Drizzle in lime juice and toss together.
- Serve on a warm tortilla. Serve plain or top with sour cream, cilantro, guacamole, or salsa.