Best Black Bean Burgers :
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1-2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce optional
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Place onion, chipotle, and garlic into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add in black beans and pulse until the black beans are partially chopped, leaving some whole or partial beans. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, cumin, salt, pepper and eggs until well combined.
- Divide up the mixture to form 8 patties.
- When ready to cook choose one of the following options:
SKILLET: Heat a lightly oiled skillet to medium high heat. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.BAKED: Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes each side.GRILLED: Cook on an outdoor grill for 5 minutes each side.
- Serve hot on a bun with desired toppings.