Classic Tacos Al Pastor :
- 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork butt or loin
- 1 white onion roughly chopped
- 1 large pineapple peeled and cored, divided use
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 chipotle in adobo pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 large limes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 small red onion diced
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- Use a sharp knife to slice pork into thin slices. Place in a large mixing bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Cut the pineapple into 2-inch wide spears. Dice approximately 1 cup of pineapple and set the rest of the spears aside.
- Add the roughly chopped onion into a blender along with 1 cup of the cubed pineapple. Add in orange juice, white vinegar, chipotle, chile powder, garlic, salt, and oregano. Puree until smooth.
- Pour marinade over pork. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 4 hours.
- Heat a skillet or grill to high heat. Working in small batches, sear each slice of pork until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. At the same time, grill pineapple until lightly charred. Roughly chop the cooked pork and dice cooked pineapple.
- Serve meat up hot on a warmed tortilla topped with freshly chopped cilantro, diced grilled pineapple, sliced red onion, and a lime wedge.