How to Grill Steak Perfectly Every Time :
- 2 thick cut steaks 2 inches
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Remove steaks from refrigerator and any packaging. Brush each side with oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and white pepper. Rub both sides of each steak with the rub mixture. Let steaks sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat (about 500 degrees). Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness (130 degrees F for medium-rare).
- When the steaks are removed from the grill, immediately top with 1 tablespoon butter each, tent with aluminum foil, and allow the steaks to rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into them.