Parmesan Fried Zucchini :
- 2-3 large zucchini
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large, heavy skillet to cover with 3/4 inch of oil. Heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse zucchini and pat dry. Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices, discarding ends.
- Place flour into a shallow dish for dredging. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish and whisk with eggs until well combined. In a third shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder (if using).
- Coat zucchini slices in flour, then dip into buttermilk mixture, and then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Working in small batches, fry zucchini in oil for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Use a slotted metal spoon to remove zucchini from oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot.