Juicy Turkey Burgers :
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a mixing bowl, gently knead together turkey, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Don’t overwork the meat.
- Form into patties about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Press your thumb down on the middle to give it a slight indent.
- Heat a large heavy skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Or, heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat (400-450 degrees F). Make sure the grate is well oiled so the meat doesn’t stick.
- Cook burgers for about 5 minutes per side, flipping half-way through. Ground turkey needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can remove them from the grill or pan at 160 degrees and let rest for 5 minutes, until they reach 165 degrees F, while you prepare your toppings.
- Let rest 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.