Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese :
- 4 chicken breasts (thinner is better)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze homemade or store bought
- fresh basil leaves , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- If chicken breast are thicker than 2 inches, slice them in half horizontally to create two breasts. Lay your chicken breasts out onto the pan.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add tomatoes around the chicken breast,
- Bake the chicken as is for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and lay the mozzarella slices on top of the chicken breast . Return to oven and finish baking until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon the cooked tomatoes over the chicken, drizzle with the balsamic reduction, and garnish with basil. Enjoy!