Mama Jean’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup :
Very good soup. I usually don’t cook this type of food from recipes but short on time after work I wanted a sure thing, not having to experiment with flavors and this was a success. I used a rotisserie chicken I picked up on the way home. I didn’t have dill and also left out peas because we don’t care for them but would definitely make this over and over. Wished it made few more servings but I know to go 1 & 1/2 recipes next time so we have left overs for lunch!
– This is a good and quick dinner favorite! I would just add that I reduce the amount of peas.In my opinion, 8 oz. of peas ( a whole bag as far as I can tell) is just too many. Also, using leftover or rotisserie chicken or turkey is a huge time saver and adds more flavor to the soup. Overall, this recipe is a keeper!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup egg noodles
In a large pot over medium heat combine the broth, water, carrots, celery and ground black pepper and allow to cook. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, combine the ginger, oil and chicken. Saute for about 5 minutes and remove the sliced ginger.
Add the chicken to the broth mixture, bring to a boil and then add the egg noodles. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes until noodles and vegetables are tender.